Popular treatments and average prices for books that come into our workshop
cost to repair or restore a book: $60 - $150.
$60 Basic repairs includes these expertly applied steps
- 5 page repairs
- Cover corners and edges strengthened
- Regluing and strenthening of binding
- Reattachment of covers and existing spine
$125 Custom repairs
These custom repairs would be what you expect in the 'special collection' area of any library or bookstore that sells fine rare books.
- Bookcloth or leather spine that custom fits your book
- New endsheets which compliment the age and style of the book or the original endsheets are repaired for reuse, and
- New leather spine title and decorative labels that compliment the cover style can be imprinted with gold or silver.
$125 Convert paperback into
- Bookcloth cover with copy of original paperback cover inset
into front cover
- New endsheets which complement the age and style of the book
- Decorative leather labels that compliment the cover style can
be imprinted with gold or silver
Some books fall into one of the areas below. Once the book arrives to the workshop, we will contact you with a firm quote that won’t change at the end of the project:
|Includes new endsheets on the inside and custom labels on spine.
|Inset original cover pieces into new cover, any size
|New Cover up to 6 x 9”
|New Cover Size up to 6 x 9'', strengthen binding, repair some torn pages
|New Cover Size up to 10 x 16''
|New Cover Size up to 10 x 16'', strengthen binding, repair some torn pages
RESEW BINDING including NEW SPINE or NEW COVER
|Includes new endsheets if needed and custom label on spine.
|Resew complete binding up to 2”, new spine and outside hinges, repair several torn pages, reattach cover
|Resew complete binding up to 2”, new cover (includes new spine), repair several torn pages
|Convert a Paperback to a Custom Covered Hardback
Peabody Book Services believes you should not have any surprises about our fees. We
provide 'before and after' pictures via email for your review before returning
your book to you.
and handling for the books return trip back to you via USPS is normally
$15 for priority shipping.
We're proud of providing quality services
for reasonable prices.
We provide a detail listing of what
was done to each book.
Agreement in advance on work to be
done for each book is required.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPALS:
If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
When possible, use products that are reversible with water treatment.
Make sure the customer understands financial and conservation consequences
of non-reversible repairs.
Document your work to include with book or project.
here to email us.